Welcome to the Inclusive Learning Design Handbook
The Floe Inclusive Learning Design Handbook is a free Open Educational Resource (OER) designed to assist teachers, content creators, Web developers, and others in creating adaptable and personalizable educational resources that can accommodate a diversity of learning styles and individual needs.
Contributions to the Handbook are welcome and encouraged from all:
- Edit, expand, and enhance the current content
- Create new content, teaching others how to make learning materials more flexible, accessible and inclusive
- Translate the Handbook into other languages
- Create alternative presentations of the Handbook, including versions suitable for mobile devices or offline reading
- Derive, remix, and reuse the Handbook's content
All content in the Handbook is licensed under the Creative Commons 2.5 Canada License.
Who is this for?
This handbook is intended for anyone producing, revising, re-purposing or reusing open education resources (OER) or other forms of digital curriculum.
The tips and advice apply whether you are creating curriculum resources for preschoolers, graduate curriculum or life long learning resources. The handbook also applies whether you are creating simple text-based resources, animations, applets, simulations or full production videos.
In the spirit of OER, if you use this handbook you are also a contributor to this handbook. We welcome all input.
Floe and Partners
Floe is funded by a grant from The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation.