Welcome to the Inclusive Learning Design Handbook
The Floe Inclusive Learning Design Handbook is a free Open Educational Resource (OER) designed to assist teachers, content creators, Web developers, and others in creating adaptable and personalizable educational resources that can accommodate a diversity of learning styles and individual needs. This is a work in a progress and we are constantly adding more content to this handbook. The information in this handbook is structured in the following sections:
- Introduction: Provides an introduction to the handbook and describes who can benefit from using it
- Perspectives: Contains articles that discuss the main issues related to education and inclusive learning
- Approaches: Provides best practices, guidelines and resources for creating inclusive content and learning experiences
- Techniques: Contains practical tools and techniques to produce inclusive content and assess its accessibility
Contributions to the Handbook are welcome and encouraged from all:
- Edit, expand, and enhance the current content
- Create new content, teaching others how to make learning materials more flexible, accessible and inclusive
- Translate the Handbook into other languages
- Create alternative presentations of the Handbook, including versions suitable for mobile devices or offline reading
- Derive, remix, and reuse the Handbook's content
All content in the Handbook is licensed under the Creative Commons 2.5 Canada License.
Floe is funded by a grant from The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation.