The FLOE Inclusive Learning Design Handbook (ILDH) is a free Open Educational Resource (OER) designed to assist in creating adaptable and personalizable educational resources that can accommodate a diversity of learning preferences and individual needs.
The ILDH is created with and for educators, content creators, web developers and learners.
This handbook is a work in progress, with new content being added as we learn and grow.
The information in this handbook is structured in the following sections:
About: Provides an introduction to the handbook and describes who can benefit from using it
Perspectives: Contains articles that discuss the main issues related to education and inclusive learning
Approaches: Provides good practices, guidelines and resources for creating inclusive content and learning experiences
Techniques: Contains practical tools and techniques to produce inclusive content and assess its accessibility
Contributions to the Handbook are welcome and encouraged from all.
- Edit, expand, and enhance the current content
- Create new content, teaching others how to make learning materials more flexible, accessible and inclusive
- Translate the Handbook into other languages
- Create alternative presentations of the Handbook, including versions suitable for mobile devices or offline reading
- Derive, remix, and reuse the Handbook’s content