EPUB 3 Resources
- EPUB3 Overview - www.idpf.org/epub/30/spec/epub30-overview.html - answers basic questions about what is EPUB, what it is capable of, and how it can be used.
- HTML 5 vs. EPUB 3 - http://toc.oreilly.com/2012/09/html5-is-the-way-forward.html - at 9:25 describes the current state of eReaders vs. HTML 5 in browsers. Example used was a Nook eReader unable to display canvas elements in an EPUB, but was able to render it using the Nook Browser.
- Why EPUB 3 is still relevant, despite HTML5 - http://www.heliconbooks.com/article/epub3vshtml5.
- "Accessible EPUB 3" by Matt Garrish (free download, but requires setting up an account) - http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920025283.do
- EPUB Samples Project - https://code.google.com/p/epub-samples/downloads/list
- "Create rich-layout publications in EPUB 3 with HTML5, CSS3, and MathML" by IBM Developer Works - http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/x-richlayoutepub/index.html
- Creating EPUB from HTML - http://webdesign.about.com/od/epub/a/build-an-epub.htm
- Calibre eBook: http://calibre-ebook.com/ - editor, converter, and viewer. Open source GNU GPL v3.
- MathJax.org (Date unknown) - Resource has catered EPub 3 information to show where MathLM is supported
- EPUBTest Results - Development is sponsored by the Daisy Consortium and the Book Industry Study Group. Copyright International Digital Publishing Forum.
- Tablets, Ereaders Lead to More Reading (October 17, 2013) - Showing statistics in the US that show the increase in reading due to the increase in digital ebook devices
- Accessible EReaders Sourcing An Accessible EReader (May 20, 2014) by Tim Lohman - http://www.accessiq.org/news/news/2014/05/accessible-e-readers-sourcing-an-accessible-e-reader - review of accessible ereaders
- Accessibility Screening Methodology Guidelines and Checklist by Daisy Consortium - http://www.daisy.org/accessibility-screening-methodology-guidelines-and-checklist.html - a checklist to help evaluate the accessibility features of a reader system
- Poet Image Description Tool - http://diagramcenter.org/development/poet.html. A web-based tool for creating and providing guidelines to writing image descriptions for images in existing DAISY and EPUB books.
- MathML Cloud Tool - http://mathmlcloud.org. A math conversion tool that creates both images and alternative descriptions of math equations on the fly.
Edit this Page on GitHub